Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hawkes Update





I can't believe Hawkes is almost 8 months old. I know I say this way too much but it is amazing how fast it goes and how much they change. He is learning new things everyday. Here are a few of the new ones:

He is eating solids pretty good, but he definitely prefers food off of our plates over baby food.


Weighs 19 pounds

He is not a fan of being stuck in anything. (ex: car seat, bumbo, stroller)

He is crawling so fast and into everything.

Loves trying to climb the wall to stick his fingers in outlets.

Pulls up on everything and is getting pretty good balance.


He even follows me around and tries to climb my legs until I pick him up.

Has figured out to hang on and refuse to sit when you try to set him down.

Says Mama, like he knows what it means, mostly when he's sad and crying.

Has started making more sounds. Baba, Dada, and Nana.

Likes to blow raspberries on your arm, belly, leg, or face. Whatever is available.

Weighs over 18 pounds. I just love how squishy he is.

Still loves that tongue.




Has 2 bottom teeth.

Enjoys squirming during diaper changes making it impossible to change him. Being on his back just isn't something he's going to do anymore.

Likes to growl. Sometimes he does it to himself in the mirror.

Can give high fives and kisses!


Like I said, quite a bit has changed since the last time I blogged. He is learning new things everyday and really is so fun. Now that he is mobile he is a little more work and this crawling stage has been hard. But I think it's teaching me to loosen up a little as a mom. I guess I can't keep every pair of shoes out of his mouth and I guess he will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment