Thursday, December 8, 2011

We did it!

We made it a whole year and managed to keep the little guy alive. I really am amazed at how fast it has gone. A year ago today they handed me a brand new baby. I can still remember being so overwhelmed with love and responsibility. I was now someone's mom for the rest of my life. I have spent the last few days thinking about when Hawkes was born and have found myself getting a little emotional at the thought of him growing up. It's crazy to think that they let us leave the hospital with a little baby that didn't know how to do anything but sleep and cry, and today I have a little boy with his very own personality and repertoire of tricks. I knew I would love being a mom, but I guess I had no idea how much I would enjoy every moment with that sweet baby boy. He has brought an immense amount of joy to my life. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this little person we created in the last year we have been able to spend with him. 




Here are a few things I've learned about my One year old....

He is very stubborn. He knows exactly what he wants and has his ways of letting you know what that is. When you hold him he will even turn your shoulders to get you to go in the direction he chooses.

He is very loving. He has become a little more cuddly and gives the best kisses!


He is so smart. ( I think every mom might say this one) He has started trying to repeat everything. He can say mama, dada, wow, ball, santa, diaper, hi, and doggy. He can tell you what a lizard, truck, dog, santa, and pig says. (but only when he feels like it)


He is very friendly. He loves to wave at everyone and blow kisses. He also loves to play with other kids, and has some very fun friends.

He is definitely a boy. He loves playing with trucks and balls all day long. His favorite toy is probably a balloon though.

He is very independent. He wants to do everything for himself. Especially when it comes to eating. 

He is trying to figure out walking. He knows how but has decided he won't do it unless he is holding only one of your hands. Like I said, the kid knows what he wants.

He is easily entertained. He loves things like opening and closing cupboards over and over. Pulling trash bags or ziploc bags or anything really out of boxes. He loves unrolling paper towels and rolling around in them. And he could take tupperware in and out of the drawers for hours.

He sure does love his mama. Especially when I let him sleep on my head.


He is also the cutest baby I've ever seen!


There really is no way to express how much I love that baby of mine. I guess enough to lose many many hours of sleep this year, learn how to do most things with one hand, eat most of my meals cold, buy toys instead of clothes for myself, etc. Being a mom is the hardest, most rewarding, most emotion provoking thing I have ever done. Each day I learn something new not only about him but about me as well. I have learned to be more patient and unselfish, but I continue to have to work on those everyday. We are so lucky that he is ours. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post so much!! I really am so excited to see that boy. That first picture in the bow tie is the most adorable thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete