Saturday, January 8, 2011

Date Night

So, H. Ray went on his first date last night.  He was really nervous to impress his date.  As his father, I felt it was my responsibility to have a sit down talk with him.  We talked about not kissing on the first date, showing respect for women, and how to act like you are listening when they talk, even if you aren't.  Like all children, he wasn't convinced his parents actually knew what they were talking about, but he used his newly learned skill of nodding and saying uh-huh to make me think he was listening, even though I don't think he was.


Next, mom got him in the tub to make sure he smelled fresh for his date.  In spite of his talk with dad, he still felt so nervous that he ended up pooping in the tub.


After getting out of the tub and drying off, Hawkes got bundled up so he could get warm. 


Once he was all cleaned up and dressed, Hawkes went to meet Quinn.  She was born two days before Hawkes, but I told him not to let that worry him, and that all the cool kids date older girls.  At first they were a little shy (probably because their parents were watching their every move)...


...but before long they were sitting on the same side of the couch and couldn't keep their hands off of each other.
 


        

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this post so much! I wish Hawkes would be my date sometime. The two of them on the couch together is so sweet! Fun to have someone with a baby the same age!

    ReplyDelete