Thursday, December 9, 2010

Little Hawkes Ray Potter arrives

H. Ray was born 12/08/10. He was 6 pounds 12 ounces, and 18.5 inches long.  He was birthed naturally (no epidural) at 6:46 am on Wednesday morning, after an hour and fifteen minutes of intense pushing (Meg was working on 4 hours of sleep in the prior 48 hours or so at that point), preceded by a good 10 hours of very active labor, preceded by a mere 3 days of mild to strong exhausting contractions, and only once or twice did Meg ask for clarification as to whether she was birthing a baby or dying.



 He would not stop sticking his tongue out.  Apparently, not everyone was a big fan of this picture (above), and sadly it was one of his best ones.  We think its cute, especially considering the hours on end he spent in the birthing canal.





3 comments:

  1. Love the blog name, so clever! Ya mom & dad were saying they didn't like that picture, but it's my favorite I think he is so cute! Reading your blog will be my new obsession. So pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also have this be my new obsession too I think! Yeah for blogging! PS I loved the picture! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parents take a while to warm up to anything, that picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete