Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Half Birthday to My Little Man!

6 months ago our little family gained another member. We were so blessed to have little Hawkes join us after days of labor. Needless to say, I was so glad it was over and he was finally with us. I can't express what a joy being his mom has been. I feel so blessed everyday that I got such a wonderful baby boy. That doesn't mean that I don't have hard days or that he isn't ever a little punk, but he is so darn cute it's impossible to stay frustrated with him. He changes so much everyday and learns new things. I am pretty sure that he thinks my phone is an extension of my hand because I am always taking pictures or videos. 


I can't believe he was ever that small now. I feel like I am already forgetting how it was to have a teeny tiny baby.  



I am not a fan of any pictures of me right after the delivery. 35 pounds and 2 days of labor didn't do much for me, but this picture is a memory for me. This was taken right after he was born and they placed him in my arms. What an amazing moment. It still brings tears to my eyes to see this picture and remember that moment and everything I was feeling. I was so proud of myself for being able to get through my pregnancy and childbirth. I was in disbelief that this precious little being was all ours. I was so thankful to have my wonderful husband that was with me every second of my labor. I knew our life was going to change forever, but really had no idea what I was in for.


I love this picture of Landon with him in the hospital. You can just see in his face how excited he was to be with his little boy. He has been such an amazing dad and I couldn't do this without him.


Who knew that teeny little baby from the first picture would get these cheeks! I just want to squish him. He is getting more fun every day. I love all the skills he is learning. He can now sit up by himself pretty good. He still falls over after a few minutes, but is getting more stable each day. He reaches for things and loves to be handed a new toy. He is trying to learn to crawl, but until then, he does a good job turning in circles to get to whatever he needs. He also has learned to roll onto his back and scoot to reach a toy and then roll back over. He loves to take baths and splashes like crazy. He likes to scratch fabrics to hear the sound it makes. He is super observant and loves to just look around. If he gets upset and we can't get him to stop crying we can just sit at the window and he stops and just stares. He will lick anything he can get his mouth on. I think he enjoys licking his toys more than playing with them. He has learned how to squeak his Sophie giraffe. He definitely has his own little personality. He will fake cough to get some attention. He pretty much has to have something over his face in order to fall asleep. He gets mad if he drops his toys and can't get to them. He likes to watch us walk around the room and sometimes cries if he can't see us anymore. He screams really loud and has starting saying da da da da. He has also learned how to spit which is really gross but apparently really entertaining for him. He now refuses to take a pacifier or a bottle, but thinks a pacifier is a chew toy. He loves to pull my hair and has decided pinching is also fun. When he eats he likes to reach up and touch my face the whole time or just hit it over and over. He is such a happy little guys and is very generous with his smiles. It is also getting easier to get a laugh out of him. He enjoys playing peek a boo and loves having play time with mom and dad. Sometimes he will just sit with his forehead against mine. I love it, until he tries to eat my face and I am covered in slobber. He still likes other people and will let pretty much anyone hold him. He is such a fun little guy. I can't believe 6 months have already gone by. He is getting too big way too fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment